Timeline for the application process – important dates
- Information meeting at RMC: 7 November 2018
- Deadline for application through Varbi Admission: 3 December 23:59 CET
- Call for entrance examination: No later than 7 January 2019 by email
- Entrance examination: 22-25 January 2019
- Result of entrance examination: Admission or rejection 10 April 2019 by email
- Studies commence: Monday 19 August 2019
Who is selected for the entrance examination?
All applicants who hold a relevant Masters degree in music from a music conservatory, or equivalent qualifications obtained by other means, will be invited to attend an entry audition at RMC.
Form and content of the examination
The entry audition consists of a concert and an interview.
You must play music of your own choice. Duration: 20 minutes.
You are interviewed by the assessment panel on the basis of both the concert and the written application. Duration: 20 minutes.
Assessment of the entrance examination
On the basis of the concert, the interview and the written application, an overall assessment is undertaken of your qualifications for admission to the programme.
The following factors are considered in the assessment:
- The artistic quality of the concert, including its originality, creativity, emotionality and contemporary relevance;
- The craftsmanship quality of the concert, including such elements as ensemble playing, instrument technique and improvisation;
- The written application, including the applicant’s motivation, academic and professional goals, and the artistic and academic perspectives of the project areas described in the application;
- Your ability to reflect on your own musicianship, artistic and cultural context.
You will be assessed according to a 100 point scale, which is a subdivision of the Danish 7 step grading scale. A minimum of 40 points, corresponding to 02 in the Danish 7 step grading scale, is required to pass the audition.
The assessment is given, related to the level that is required to commence the programme.
after the entrance examination
One or two students are usually admitted to the programme. Due to the limited number of places, RMC may be obliged to reject some applicants even if they have passed the entrance examination.
You will receive an e-mail in the beginning of April informing you of whether or not you have been admitted.
All applicants, who are not offered a study place, are offered a short telephone feedback from the internal examiner.
A limited number of applicants who are qualified for admission, but who have not been admitted due to the limited number of places available, may be offered a place on a waiting list. In the period up to 1 July, applicants on the waiting list may be offered admission.
Illness in connection with the entrance examination
Illness must be documented by medical certificate if you wish to have the opportunity to take a make-up entrance examination. RMC must receive the medical certificate no later than three days after the entrance examination was supposed to take place. RMC will determine the date of any make-up entrance examination, and you will be notified of this as soon as possible. It will not be possible to take the make-up examination at other times than those announced by RMC. You are responsible for paying the cost of the medical certificate.
Entrance examination language
The entrance examination is always carried out in English.